- Wait, is white noise harmful for sleep now?
I put on some sleep story or calming music or white noise for an hour when I go to sleep. I hadn’t known that the long-term safety of white noise is debatable.
There are cyber jurors on China’s food apps to help manage disputes between buyers and sellers.
What a bizarre concept but crowdsourcing justice should work with the reasonable man on the street is indeed reasonable.
Why your law firm isn’t anywhere near as profitable as you think
Because the equity partners’ drawings are not included in the sums. Also, the pay levels in the US are so crazy. And hey, Big Law associates never had it better.
- As a journal nerd, this post on the short history of the daily planner was gold.
- A tool for Amazon shoppers. It analyses and filters out reviews.
- Looking at fountain inks again, and this is a nice orange.
How had I not known about Pocket Mod?
It is so amusing. I made the tiny booklet and carried it around with me for a while. Sometimes, low-tech is best. I used to carry a hipster PDA at work. It was just a stack of index cards!
I was planning jogs in Tokyo.
Dress My Run was useful. It was amusing to me that it was only at 7°C that the recommendation changes to long-sleeve T-shirt. At 8°C, a short sleeved tee is still the garment of choice. In any case, I followed the example of the locals, and had a outer shell on. It was around 5-8°C and quite windy.
Should you flush with toilet lid up or down? Study says it doesn’t matter
My bafflement continues.
- I was reading a review on a memoir, and a reviewer mentioned she is a fan of memoirs and has read many of them. When I went to her Goodreads profile, I was suitably impressed by her reading history.
Tokyo Sakura Tram: Experience Tokyo’s Secret Neighborhoods, Off the Beaten Path!
We spied the Sakura Tram line on the map while at I-don’t-know-which JR station, and decided we would spend a day exploring.
- A review of the Vision Pro which I enjoyed reading.