- We started watching Girls5eva and “New York Lonely Boy” is an awesome song.
- Quirky slides from Softbank’s 2020 earnings call
Slides in my industry are umm, more academic but I am always up for inspiration.
I almost bought Marcin Wichary’s book on keyboards, but instead, I soothed myself with a 2018 article he wrote: Bigger in Japan.
(The Kickstarter page is here.)
After reading this MacStories piece about how there is a remake of the classic version of Angry Birds, I went and paid my $0.99.
It is a simple game and very enjoyable, but it was made stupid in later years, when it became saddled with mechanisms aimed to get you to make recurring in-app purchases.
- Reading The Art of War, and bemoaning the lack of the Chinese text in my copy. Not that being able to read the characters mean you understand the text, but well, I would like to refer to it and pretend my education hasn’t been wasted.
Dow said it was recycling our shoes. We found them at an Indonesian flea market
I really love this piece of journalism. Not so great for those involved in the Singaporean project.
- This is a little against my desire to stop using music as background, but I read somewhere about slow radio and went looking for the BBC Radio podcast.
- Apparently, Chinese youths are referring to themselves as rats. It is a self-deprecating way to refer to themselves while describing their struggles. The article also touches on other memes, and includes the Chinese characters and Hanyuan pinyin to help one understand the wordplay.
- Another day, another artificial sweetener to be careful about.